Ms. Zannin has had the privilege of studying under and working with pioneers in the field of Bloodstain Pattern Analysis. Subsequently, Ms. Zannin has assisted in teaching a number of 40-hour basic bloodstain pattern analysis courses as a faculty member and lab instructor. Ms. Zannin has also had the privilege of taking these courses “on the road” to various locales domestically and internationally, including Parma, Italy where she was a member of a team that instructed the Carabinieri di Parma (a.k.a. Italian “State Police”). In addition, Ms. Zannin is only one of six worldwide that holds a certification of Competent Forensic Expert in Bloodstain Pattern Interpretation issued by the Institute on the Physical Significance of Human Bloodstain Evidence.
Ms. Zannin is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Full Member – International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts (IABPA)
- Active Member – International Association for Identification (IAI)
- Associate Member American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)
- Associate Charter Member International Veterinary Forensic Sciences Association (IVFSA)
- New York State Association of County Coroners and Medical Examiners (NYSACCME)
She is also a member of Women TIES, an organization that helps women business owners promote their companies, exchange corporate success strategies, and inspire each other to higher levels of entrepreneurial success.
Ms. Zannin’s unique background and experience has proven invaluable in assisting counsel as both a non-testifying and testifying expert, both in and out of the courtroom.
Ms. Zannin has been accepted as an expert in both federal and state courts, and has worked on criminal and civil cases in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.